Wednesday 3 March 2010

England v Egypt Preview



It's a sad night for me tonight. I have been to every England home game since England played Greece at Old Trafford in 2006 including all 16 games at the New Wembley stadium. But tonight I lay in bed after a back operation unable to follow my beloved Country into battle.


Some people have called the game pointless, and perhaps in the days of Sven or Mclaren I would have agreed, but since the appointment of King Capello I cant have feel that each time he gathers the countries greatest players together he actually makes them better.


The choice of Egypt as opponents is another indication that Capello knows exactly what he is doing. Fresh from their victory in the African Cup they will be a tough test for England, and even if we lose (which I don't think we will) we will be able to learn something from the game.
Stevie G gets the chance to lead his country once again - something I think he should do every time. I can in some way understand Capello's choice of John Terry, but Ferdinand?.. Ferdinand?




Anyway, tonight's result? 3-1 England with Gerrard and Rooney on the score sheet

No comments:

Post a Comment